In our rapidly moving world, where the hustle and bustle of daily life often leave…
WE ARE A COLLECTION OF OUR HABITS
Our habits are the outward manifestation of our collective patterns and habits. This is why it is imperative that we spend some time cultivating awareness of our daily routines. In this practice, we can then become aware of those things that are no longer serving us on our wellness journey. As we move into deeper awareness and living, we begin to realize how important it is to add to our lives those things and activities that support, rather than deplete, restore rather than stress.
The goal of all the healing arts is to teach us how to live in accordance with nature. Healing practices provide the tools and techniques we need to be in alignment with our minds and bodies.
When we take the time to care for ourselves, we are sending loving vibrations to every cell in our bodies, activating our innate mechanism for healing.
Below are some of the most common lifestyle practices in Ayurveda. Choose one or two to begin with. Once you have them fully established in these practices, pick a couple more until these practices fit seamlessly into your routines.
- meditation start with 10 minutes and increase with time
- relaxation lay in shavasana pose ideal time 20 to 60 minutes
- exercise (yoga asana, walking)
- pranayama (breathing exercise)
- oil the body with medicinally infuse herbs
- sound bath (certain vibrations have a positive effect on the nervous system)
- limit sensory stimulation
- spend time in nature
- eat mostly plants
- connect to herbs through diet + supplementation
- room temp lemon water in the morning to alkaline the system before coffee or tea
- use a tongue scraper (morning routine)
- neti pot with mineral salt (morning routine)
- eye wash with rose hydrolat (morning routine)
- limit processed food + soda
- practice gratitude
- see yourself in others
- open your heart, practice kindness toward others
The beautiful thing about these practices is that they will also improve your skin health and enhance the effects of your skincare products. You will see more enhanced benefits from the botanicals when we are not trying to improve depletion first. The idea is to maintain balance through the practices.